Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Weekend Roundup

Well this past week has been busy and not always great so I am glad to say it is over. My daughter had swimming lessons we had to work our schedule around all week. She did awesome! Every summer she keeps getting better and better.

Wednesday I had Jury Duty and I'm grateful I didn't have to serve on the panel I was brought up in. Lets just say it was a case that would have taken too much of an emotional toll on me. I was very honest with the defense attorney and told him this much. I think that's why I along with 25ish people were excused. Then my poor honey got a letter the day before calling him in for a special jury panel for a murder charge! He can't even defer out, he has to go no matter what. Thankfully his work pays for jury service. I feel so bad for him, I couldn't decide some one's fate like that. I'm not sure he could either. That's just not who either one of us are.

Friday I attended the funeral of a childhood friend. Someone I knew as a child and then knew again as a teenager. It was a sad day for me and many, many people. I had lost touch with him over the years but he was one of those people you find yourself often wondering how they are doing and wished you could touch base and meet his family and such.

So by Saturday I was ready to get the hell out of dodge and go camping for the night and that is just what we did. We had a really good time, hanging out with friends down at the river and playing baseball etc.

It all went by too fast and now I am back home spending a relaxing Sunday playing catch up and maybe getting some more reading done. Sun is shining bright and I'm thinking of taking a book outside and enjoying the day.