Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend Roundup

It's Sunday again and time for my weekly update.

My dog, Bailey, is feeling much better this weekend. I'm hoping that is a good sign. We're still keeping him separate from the other dogs for another week or so. Just until were sure he's back to himself or what is his norm since blowing the disc in his back.

Friday we went over to one of our friends for food and drinks and chit chat. I had a great time as usual and the company was excellent!

Saturday we decided to head up to camp. It had been 3 weeks almost since we went up last and I couldn't wait to get out of town. Our friends were up there also and we spent the afternoon down at the river swimming and just enjoying the warm summer day.

We ate dinner at our friends camp and then I tried something I normally would never even think to try and was pleasantly surprised. It was a flour tortilla filled with cut up banana, marshmallows, and a candy bar all rolled up. Then it was put in foil and cooked over the campfire until melted. It was a gooey, sticky, sweet mess and it was sooooooo good!

We headed back to camp to head to bed and as I was locking up the truck an adult female dear just casually wandered out across from the truck and headed on it's merry little way down the road. She was beautiful.

Today we headed out and I went on our Sunday walk with friends. It had been a month almost since I got to go. I really missed the walks so I'm glad I got to finally go this week. As for the rest of the day, my plans involve laundry, movies and starting a book I need to review.

I hope everyone had a lovely week this past week.

1 comments:

Nan said...

I'm glad your dog is feeling better! Have a good week. :-)