Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekend Roundup

This has been a pretty uneventful weekend. I did nothing on Saturday but listen to David Arkenstone playing softly in the background while I read a book. We did go over to a friends Saturday evening for a few hours to sit around a fire and just enjoy each others company. It was a nice evening.

I went on my Sunday walk with the same friends this morning and it was the first one that my honey got to go on. His work schedule changes this week and he'll be able to walk on Sundays with us. I really like that.

I then dropped off a couple of books at the library that sadly did not get read. I just didn't get to them in time. I'll check them both out at another time when my TBR pile isn't so big.

Afterwards we went to our local used shop and traded in some books and I bought the Time Travelers Wife. I got a great deal on it and it was even new. PBS has a wish list of over a 1000 people and my library's holds is upwards of 50 so I knew I'd have to buy if I had any hopes of reading it before the DVD comes out.

Next weekend will be a very busy weekend for us. We're going to see Nickelback up in Washington on Friday and then we're finally getting to go camping at our own campsite. It's been almost a month since we got to camp up there and we all miss it. So my roundup post will be posted later in the day next Sunday.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and here's to a good week ahead!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to read The Time Travelers Wife! Glad you got a good deal on it.

I'd love to go camping, haven't been in a while.

I have an award for you HERE