Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mailbox Monday


This is a weekly meme hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. Join the fun and post what you got in your mailbox last week!

I received a few books last week.







Friday Night Bites - Chloe Neill
This was the last book I purchased for myself before banning myself from buying new books for awhile.












The Silent Gift - Michael Landon Jr. and Cindy Kelley
A review book from Edify Media Public Relations/Bethany House















Life After 187 - Wade Halverson
Review book from the author
















Simon's Cat - Simon Tofield
Contest win







The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
From J. Kaye at J.Kaye's Book Blog










The Gathering Storm - Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson
This was bought for my husband. He's a huge Wheel of Time fan.















It's Monday! What are you reading this week? is a weekly event hosted by J. Kaye of J. Kaye's Book Blog to list the books completed last week, the books currently being read, and the books to be finished this week.

Books I finished last week:
Arcadia Snips and the Steamwork Consortium - Robert C. Rodgers
Cleopatra's Daughter - Michelle Moran

Currently Reading:
Spellbinder - Helen Stringer


Books to Finish this Week:

Spellbinder - Helen Stringer
Hopefully one other one, not sure which book I'll be reading next.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to read The Silent Gift.
Life After 187 looks good too!

Kristen said...

Great week for you this week. I have Spellbinder sitting here too. Sure hope it's a good one!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Great week. I loved Cleopatra's Daughter.

bermudaonion said...

Simon's Cat looks like so much fun! I hope you enjoy it.

Teddyree said...

I loved Cleopatra's Daughter and my copy of Life After 187 is on it's way, sounds pretty good. Happy reading :-)

Anonymous said...

Life after 187 looks very interesting. I like the cover too.

Jennifer said...

These look very interesting, especially My Life After 187. I am looking forward to reading The Historian. Happy reading and thank you for visiting me. :)

DCMetroreader said...

The Silent Gift sounds compelling.
I didn't realize that Michael Landon's son was a writer. Hope you enjoy your books!

Jo-Jo said...

What a nice assortment of books...I should be receiving The Historian soon also.

fredamans said...

I got Simon's Cat too!!! Just as funny as on Youtube!!

Here's my list: http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/11/media-monday.html

kayerj said...

I'm kind of curious about the one by Micheal Landon Jr.

Anonymous said...

Spellbinder looks good and I'd see if I could locate a copy for Nona, but she is starting to get weird when it comes to books. She's growing up on me and I don't like it!

Ruth Schaller said...

Friday Night Bites sounds really good. I'm going to have to check out that one myself.

I have also banned myself from buying new books, If I didn't I'd be overflowed with books in my office...lol

Happy reading :D

Marie said...

I really want to get Simon's Cat -- I just love those videos :-)

Zia said...

J.Kaye - Don't they all grow up just too darn fast?

Anonymous said...

Yes, they do, Zia, and I don't like it one little bit!

Sharon said...

I cant' wait to see what you have to say about cleopatra's Daughter. That book is on my wish list. Happy reading!

Wendi said...

Ohhh - I love Simon's Cat! My son likes to sit on my lap and flip through the pages. He loves it so much, I will probably eventually let him color in it at some point (he's almost 3, and loves to color)... I'll wait until he can color in the lines. :)

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

Zia said...

Sharon - My review for Cleopatra's Daughter is here.

Wendi - Both my kids loved Simon's Cat and they're 11 and 16. It's a great book.

Lusty Reader said...

Oh I want to read Cleopatra's Daughter so badly. Hope you liked it! More than that I need to search for my old copy of Mara: Daughter of the Nile

Wrighty said...

I won Simon's Cat too and it's so cute! All of your books look good but especially Friday Night Bites! Can't wait to hear what you think of them. Enjoy!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

The Silent Gift looks interesting. I didn't know that Michael Landon Jr. was an author. Happy reading.

Jen said...

Life after 187 is on my TBR stack. It looks like an interesting read. Hopefully I can sneak up to it and read it this week.

J.T. Oldfield said...

I picked up Gathering Storm, and my husband is already done with it, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. He says it's fantastic!

Anna said...

Great assortment of books! I was supposed to receive the Michael Landon book, too, but they emailed me and said the package was returned undeliverable, though they had the correct address. No word yet on whether they're going to resend. :(

Anyway, happy reading!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric