Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser this week:

"Mom, I'd rather gouge my eyes out with rusty spoons than study math. It's the lamest thing in existence. It's like the opposite of all creativity."

Struts & Frets, Jon Skovron pg 15 (note this is an uncorrected proof, finished copy might be different)

17 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Yuck! Great teaser! :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I agree with that sentiment! Yes, the opposite of creativity!

My teaser is here:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2009/11/teaser-tuesdays_17.html

Jo-Jo said...

This reminds me of how I felt about math in school...now I'm an accountant! lol

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Math was rough.

Here is mine

Andrea said...

HA! That's about right.
Great teaser!
Here's mine.

gautami tripathy said...

Oh?! I teach math!

:D

Teaser Tuesdays: The Imposter's Daughter by Laurie Sandell

Harvee said...

I used to feel that way. Here's My tease.

BurtonReview said...

WOOHOO I second that teaser!!!

LOL as I sit here from my accounting position.
The Burton Review has a teaser too =)

Marce said...

I agree 100% uggh math

Here is mine
http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/11/teaser-tuesday-weight-of-silence.html

Alayne said...

I know exactly how that feels. :) Here's my link: http://thecrowdedleaf.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/teaser-tuesday-double-or-nothin/

kayerj said...

too funny--I think many feel that way! my teaser is here and I have a little something for you today.

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha! I'm sure I used lines quite similar to that when forced to do Math homework. Great teaser!

Here's my Teaser.

Jennifer said...

I love your teaser! My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/11/joy-teaser-tuesdays.html

fredamans said...

I agree!! I hate math too!!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/11/teaser-tuesday_17.html

Lisa said...

math hate lol

here's mine

Allison Vaughn said...

I used to feel that way - and still do to some extent. But, no way you can escape math! It's in EVERYTHING!

Great teaser! :)

Allison
- My Teaser

Anonymous said...

That could have been me as a kid!