Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Cost of Dreams - A Review

The Cost of Dreams - Gary Stelzer (from publisher for review)

Synopsis from back of book:


Flora Enriquez trusts that she has found safe haven for her young family in hte remote U.S. Southwest, after fleeing murderous environs of her homeland where her parents were slain in a civil war. Only to find that all of her life's greatest challenges, by far, still lie before her.

My Thoughts:

This book caught me off guard. It took me a bit to get into and yet it read so easily. At first I was thinking that it wasn't my kind of story and then before you knew it I was sucked in and over halfway through the book.

The Cost of Dreams is about a woman's life. All her struggles, strife's, joys, hope, faith and dare I say triumphs. I found by the end of it, I had grown very attached to Flora as well as a few other characters.

I was on the edge of my seat many times and I had to keep turning the pages to see what was going to happen next. What hurdles Flora had yet to conquer in her life. What joys might be in her path.

In the end, I am very glad I chose to read this book. I really enjoyed it.

3 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

This is a very intense book! I'm almost halfway through it right now and I am also enjoying it. It really does suck you right in.

DCMetroreader said...

I love the title and this sounds like a very good book!

bermudaonion said...

I can't imagine having to flee my homeland because I didn't feel safe. Flora sounds like a great character.