Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading and it asks us to...


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Here's my teaser this week:

No Trespassing as posted by the Confederation of the Willing and its representative Province of Bodland. This property has been devalued as a residence of place of business and is Off Map for any citizen. Entrance will be noted via your slate and penalties may include 102A, 102B, 217A, and/or 550.

A 550. I think about the punishment hiding behind that number.

Veractiy - Laura Bynum pg. 7

I know I cheated a bit with sentence but it needed all of them to obtain the impact I was trying to get across.

7 comments:

Kaye said...

That sounds like a whole lot of penalties. I just read your review too. Glad to see you liked the book so much.
My teaser is here

jlshall said...

Well, that would be enough to keep me out! Makes me wonder what's going on here. Nice teaser.
Here's mine.

Harvee said...

Veracity sounds like a great dystopian novel, is it? Nice tease.
My Teaser

Jennifer said...

I truly enjoyed Veracity! You chose a great lines for the book. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesdays-knit-purl-die.html

Susan said...

Those are some serious penalties! Excellent teaser this week - glad you cheated :)

My teaser this week is creepy but funny! Here's a link.

fredamans said...

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesday_19.html

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting world.