Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekend Roundup



















Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there in the blogosphere!

It has been an eventful weekend for us here. Friday was spend with friends as usual. Saturday we had the fortune to being invited to see Nickelback, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, and Sick Puppies at the Rose Garden in Portland. It was originally meant to be at the coliseum next door but 4 days before the concert they switched it to the bigger venue so the seat we originally had, which would've been so so, ended up being pretty dang good. They opened up our section to general admission and we were there really early so got some great seats for the show.

This was my 4th Nickelback concert and they put on an awesome show as usual. It was also my second time seeing Breaking Benjamin and they're show was pretty dang good also. The highlight for me and my husband was Shinedown and Sick Puppies. Those are bands we both love and it was the first time seeing them for us. A real treat. We even got to meet Sick Puppies afterward and got pictures and our CD autographed.

After the show the four of us decided after driving an hour home, that we were still amped up from the festivities so we stopped grabbed jackets and took off for a hour trip to the coast and wandered the beaches in the middle of the night. Something I hadn't done since I was an unruly teenager. We finally drug ourselves in the door at 5am and crawled into bed. I gotta say it was a fantastic evening.

Today the plan is just relax at home and clean off the DVR.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and here's some good thoughts for a wonderful week ahead.

2 comments:

Mrs. DeRaps said...

What a gorgeous venue. Great views!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Sounds like a great time! :) I love when weekends just seem to fit together like this one sounded like it did for you. Hope you had a blast. :)