Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A to Z Wednesday

Welcome to A-Z Wednesday!!
To join, here's all you have to do:
Go to your stack of books and find one whose title starts with the letter of the week.
Post:
1~ a photo of the book
2~ title and synopsis
3~ link(amazon, barnes and noble etc.)
4~ go to Reading at the Beach and leave a link to your book
If you've already reviewed this book you can add it also.
Be sure to visit other participants to see what book they have posted and leave them a comment.
(We all love comments, don't we?)
Who knows? You may find your next "favorite" book.

THIS WEEKS LETTER IS: W

My "W" book is:


Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen

Synopsis (via B&N)

As a young man, Jacob Jankowski was tossed by fate onto a rickety train that was home to the Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth. It was the early part of the great Depression, and for Jacob, now ninety, the circus world he remembers was both his salvation and a living hell. A veterinary student just shy of a degree, he was put in charge of caring for the circus menagerie. It was there that he met Marlena, the beautiful equestrian star married to August, the charismatic but twisted animal trainer. And he met Rosie, an untrainable elephant who was the great gray hope for this third-rate traveling show. The bond that grew among this unlikely trio was one of love and trust, and, ultimately, it was their only hope for survival.

I'm currently listening to this on audio and really enjoying it thus far. I hope to get it finished up sometime in the next couple weeks. Depends though. Started a new job this week and not sure hoe much time I will have.

10 comments:

Icedream said...

My first A to Z post. I enjoy finding other books every wednesday, I thought it was time I joined up.
The link is:
http://readinginappalachia.blogspot.com/2010/07/to-z-wednesday.html

gautami tripathy said...

A good choice!

Here is my W book!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, this has been one I've been wanting to read...

Here's mine:

http://laurel-rain-outonalimb.blogspot.com/2010/07/z-wednesday_13.html

Irene said...

this has been on the back burner for me, but I'll get to it. Thanks for posting.

Kristin said...

I've heard a lot of good things about this book.

Here's my W book.

DCMetroreader said...

This is one of those books that I always mean to read, but have never gotten to. Maybe I should try it on audio too.

fredamans said...

This definitely is one I would read too!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/07/to-z-starts-with-w.html

Beth said...

I have heard great things about this. Here is my "W" book.

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to read this.

Thanks for playing!

Lisa said...

This ne has been in my tbr forever

Here's my W