Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday Snapshot


Saturday Snapshot is a meme hosted by Alyce from At Home With Books. I love taking pictures so I thought this would be a fun meme to participate in. This was taken last October in Chicago. I had flown there to see my son graduate Naval Boot Camp and afterwards we took the train to downtown Chicago and walked all the way to the water.  It was such a beautiful day. One I'll never forget. Spending  a day with my son, who I had not seen or barely spoken too in 8 weeks outside of letters home, is a memory I will cherish for a lifetime.

15 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Lovely photo. I like the watery effect!

Irene said...

I feel your pain, I don't see my eldest son often enough either. I don't think they understand how hard it is to see someone everyday of their lives, and then suddenly not very much. Love your photo. Happy Saturday.

bermudaonion said...

That's Chicago? It's quite lovely!

Trish said...

I love looking at all the boats in a harbor. How wonderful to see your son again!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful--I love the old-fashioned feel of this!

Shirley said...

Such a lovely harbour! Congratulations to your son on his graduation and to you, mom, for being there and raising such a fine young man.

Sim Carter said...

Aww! I have a son too; the times we spend with our young men are special indeed!

Lmkazmierczak said...

The contrasting blues are gorgeous♫

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Love the reflection off the water.

Bev Hankins said...

Love the ripples in the water...you can almost see the boats swaying on the small waves.

Here's my Snapshot.

Book Savvy Babe said...

beautiful photo, I love the boats :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today Book Savvy Babe

Louise said...

Nice shot.

Alyce said...

That photo looks like it could be a painting! Nice that you have that good memory of seeing him after his basic training. I can't imagine being away from my sons for that long. Even summer camp is too long at this point. Thank goodness I have seven more years until one of them leaves home. :)

Cathy said...

I can almost feel the boat swaying at its mooring.

Harvee said...

I remember walking along the ramp with the boats anchored. Great memories of Chicago.